Waring with oppositions (Taking what belongs to you)
For everyone on earth, there are things we need to do at each point of our lives and one of these is to war against oppositions in order to access what belongs to us in Christ.
So many people are in bondage/ captivity. Some have been so beaten by the enemy while others remain stagnated. This includes believers. God has given us everything that pertains to life and godliness but we have to take responsibility by doing something about it. Don’t just wait for things to come to you (cos one is likely to wait forever). We are to act, let the soldier in us come alive.
I believe one of the reasons people don’t take this seriously is because our battle i.e the opposition and warfare are not what we can see physically. No one will sit down comfortably and watch another person take what belongs to him/her.
People find it easy to blame God when things don’t go the way they predict it should go. Despite the prophecies and the laying on of hands yet, people remain stagnated. The answer to this is quite simple. Until you get angry at that situation and make a conscious effort to get out through prayer and sometimes fastings, nothing will happen.
My father in the faith will say, “what you don’t want you don’t watch, what you don’t resist has the right to remain and what you don’t confront you cannot, conquer”.
The Kite Bird
The Kite is a type of bird that loves to eat smaller animals. It specializes in eating the chicks of a Hen. It doesn’t go for the matured Hen but the little ones. When a Kite locates a Hen with its chicks, it plans on how to use one of them for food. If Mother Hen is careless, she would wander away putting her chicks at risk of being eaten.
Most Hens are always with their chicks guarding them. When the kite comes, 2 things are likely to happen. It’s either Mother Hen spreads her feathers for the chicks to hide under or she confronts the kite thereby sending it away.
This is how we are meant to react. The chicks are the precious things God has given to us including our healing and health. We are to guard them consciously, not waiting for God to do it for us. The devil has nothing good to offer and his only mission is to kill, steal and destroy (John 10: 10). We also know that he is the father of lies.
God has blessed us with blessings in Heavenly places but we have the responsibility of taking our blessings and guarding it. By doing so, we would need to war. The kite, in this case, is the devil who is always on the alert to take what God has given us if we are careless with it.
Bible Passages to war
We are to war/ contend with the devil in battle. God will not do it for you, you have to do it yourself.
1 Corinthians 16: 9 says, “ for a great and effectual door is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries”. For every door, God opens for you and every blessing He gives you, the devil is always there to war with it. Our responsibility is to war with him. In Deuteronomy 2: 24, we can see how God spoke to the Israelites:
24 Rise ye up, take your journey, and pass over the river Arnon: behold, I have given into thine hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land: begin to possess it, and contend with him in battle.
We are the ones to do the contending with our spiritual weapon which has been shown to us in Ephesians 6: 11- 16.
- Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
- And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
- Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
On a final note
- The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds. Also, remember that the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force (Matthew 11: 12).
- A number of times, when I go through challenges but don’t really put much effort or pay attention, the situation remains the same. When I get really upset about that challenge (in most cases triggered by an event/ occurrence), there is always a turnaround. There are times we need to be patient with God because the time is not yet right (these times those that are spiritually sensitive will know) but there are also things in redemption that we can have right away only if we take by force. One of such things is our healing.
What you don’t confront, has the right to remain. Start confronting that challenge around your life and see how everything turns out.